- You must enter a nickname to be part of the chat room.
- All logged in users are shown in the user list
- Lines in the chat that mention a users nickname are highlighted.
- Inactivity timer will logout users from the client side.
- rake task to logout users whose browsers do not allow ajax requests in the unload event.
- The ability to mute specific users (from script/console). Muted users will see their own messages, but no one else will.
./script/plugin install git://github.com/amiel/chat-engine.git
include assets, don’t forget jquery
<%= stylesheet_link_tag ‘chat’ %>
use the chat_overlay partial
<%= render :partial => ‘chats/chat_overlay’ %>
Note: make sure you have Jrails installed and the prototypes are properly included.